Information I Collect and How I Use It
To receive my email newsletter, you must provide me with certain information, such as your name and email address. Additionally if you choose to fill out my contact form, you must share your name and email address so I may respond to any inquiry you might have.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as newsletter distribution and responding to inquiries via my contact form and email. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (c) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
I have not, do not, and will not ever sell your email addresses or any other personally identifiable information that you provide.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. With the exception of extraordinary circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them by unsubscribing from my email newsletters, or contacting me. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Beth Colletti, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.